Communications

04/22/15 •

As part of the comprehensive initiatives to address sexual assault, the university is seeking nominations for a new Sexual Assault Advisory Council. This group will play a key role in advancing the university’s comprehensive plan to improve its practices in preventing and responding to sexual assault and ensuring the campus is respectful and safe for all students, faculty, staff, and visitors.

04/08/15 •

Interim President Scott Coltrane addressed the University Senate with the following remarks:

04/03/15 •

Interim President Coltrane send the following email message to campus:

03/10/15 •

Interim President Scott Coltrane sent the following email to campus about the death of Emeritus President Dave Frohnmayer:I am deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Dave Frohnmayer. Dave was a friend, a former colleague and a valued advisor. I am honored to have witnessed how his profound collaboration and insightful vision built the University of Oregon into the top research university it is today.

03/09/15 •

Interim President Scott Coltrane provided the following written remarks to the University Senate:The University of Oregon is at a critical turning point. We have an historic opportunity to make meaningful change in our campus culture, to reduce sexual violence and increase survivor support. We have all been working very hard for many months to affect change. I am very pleased to share some key initiatives we are launching that will help coordinate our efforts. And I ask for the Senate’s continued support as we work together and get into the more challenging policy and detail work

02/26/15 •

We have an obligation to protect our students—to educate them and create a safe and respectful campus experience. In the last few days I have heard from many of you and I have reflected on how to fulfill that mission while responding to a lawsuit against the university.Today I decided that it is in the best interest of the university community to file an amended answer to the lawsuit that withdraws the counterclaims.The university never intended to seek costs, fees, or damages against our student. With this action, we make that clear.

Pages