Communications

03/10/15 •

Interim President Scott Coltrane sent the following email to campus about the death of Emeritus President Dave Frohnmayer:I am deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Dave Frohnmayer. Dave was a friend, a former colleague and a valued advisor. I am honored to have witnessed how his profound collaboration and insightful vision built the University of Oregon into the top research university it is today.

03/09/15 •

Interim President Scott Coltrane provided the following written remarks to the University Senate:The University of Oregon is at a critical turning point. We have an historic opportunity to make meaningful change in our campus culture, to reduce sexual violence and increase survivor support. We have all been working very hard for many months to affect change. I am very pleased to share some key initiatives we are launching that will help coordinate our efforts. And I ask for the Senate’s continued support as we work together and get into the more challenging policy and detail work

02/26/15 •

We have an obligation to protect our students—to educate them and create a safe and respectful campus experience. In the last few days I have heard from many of you and I have reflected on how to fulfill that mission while responding to a lawsuit against the university.Today I decided that it is in the best interest of the university community to file an amended answer to the lawsuit that withdraws the counterclaims.The university never intended to seek costs, fees, or damages against our student. With this action, we make that clear.

02/16/15 •

President Coltrane sent the following email to campus about Black HIstory Month and fostering campus conversations about racism:February’s designation as Black History Month presents us with an opportunity to reflect on past and current victories and challenges for racial equality in the U.S. I think we can all agree that our country has come a long way since great leaders like Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King, Jr., and John Lewis fought to ensure our country truly lived up to the United States Constitution’s promise of liberty and justice for all.

01/19/15 •

Interim President Coltrane delivered the following remarks at the 2015 MLK Day Community March:

01/16/15 •

President Coltrane and acting Senior Vice President and Provost Frances Bronet sent the following e-mail to faculty and staff.

Pages