On February 13, 2017, President Michael H. Schill announced Jayanth R. Banavar’s selection as the next provost and senior vice president. The hiring of Jayanth as the UO’s next chief academic officer is the culmination of a nationwide recruitment that started in August.
As the chief academic officer of the institution, Banavar will lead the academic units, work with deans and department heads to shape the university's academic programs, and lead the University of Oregon's efforts to retain and attract world-class faculty.
Information about the provost transition is available on the Office of the Provost website.
On August 19, 2016, President Schill named the following members of the Provost Search Committee:
- Geraldine Richmond, search committee chair—Presidential Chair and professor of chemistry
- Kathy Warden, search committee staff—director of operations, Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs
- Yvette Alex-Assensoh—vice president for equity and inclusion
- Bettina Cornwell—professor of marketing
- Erica Daley—associate dean of finance and operations, School of Law
- Andrew Dunn—undergraduate, external director of staff, Associated Students of the University of Oregon
- Karen Guillemin—professor of biology
- Dean Livelybrooks—senior instructor of physics
- W. Andrew Marcus—dean, College of Arts and Sciences, and professor of geography
- Gabriela Martínez—associate professor of journalism and communications
- Laura Lee McIntyre—professor of special education and clinical sciences
- Jamie Moffitt—vice president for finance and administration and chief financial officer
- Aaron Montoya—web communications specialist, College of Education
- Paul Peppis—professor of English
- Chris Sinclair—associate professor of mathematics
- Eleanor Wakefield—graduate teaching fellow, English
- Frances White—professor of anthropology
- Keli Yerian—senior lecturer of linguistics
Russell Reynolds Associates, email@example.com